Friday, November 6, 2009

NMR: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

I didn't expect much here and that's about what I got. This movie was already going to be a tough sell for me since I was never really a fan of the comic books and/or 80s cartoon series, so I had no real affinity for any of the characters. Then again, with the laughable acting by most of the main characters, perhaps it was better I wasn't a fan because I didn't have to worry about seeing beloved characters getting butchered like they were here. If you're able to completely shut off your brain this movie can be palatable at times. But for the most part, it's a noisy mess. The film runs through a gamut of cliches, however, they go from one to the next so quickly you don't even have enough time to groan over their inclusion. I will be real interested to see whether or not a sequel is made. The film ends suggesting one is forthcoming, but the box office for the film was just ok. If they do, let's hope they choose to use the X-Men model, not the Transformers model for creating a second film. As for this film, you're probably better off giving it a pass. Rating: **/Grade: C-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

G I JOE, I watch this movie, not because I'm a fan of the toys or the animated series, but because I knew what to expect: tons of cool special effects and some really exciting action. And guess what? That's exactly what the film provides. If there's something G.I. Joe is, it's an action movie.I watched this movie from this website.you can also watch G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra from the internet....