Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tribe Watch 2011

Current record: 11-4

Current standing: First in AL Central

Week in review: So because of my brief hiatus away from the blog I haven't had an opportunity until now to talk about my beloved Cleveland Indians. In the past, I've tried doing weekly review columns on their performance, but they've been so terrible in recent years that I get burned out doing those posts by mid-May. Of course, this year I haven't written anything and they've been off to a hot start. I hope my starting to write about them doesn't jinx their performance.

The Tribe thus far doesn't show any signs of slowing down though and it's been a result of everyone playing well. The offense has been doing a great job of scoring early and the starting pitching has been phenomenal at keeping the opposition off the bases. Today, we capped off a great sweep against the Baltimore Orioles and today's win was doubly nice because it marked the return of Grady Sizemore who has been injured for nearly a year. He was right back into rare form today getting two hits, including a solo home run (his first dinger since '09!).

This upcoming week, we've got a big series against the Kansas City Royals. Normally, this wouldn't be the case, but the Royals have gotten off to a strong start as well and they are just a game back of us in the standings. If we perform well in this series, we could give ourselves some seperation from the rest of the division. After going to KC, we head up to Minnesota to play against the struggling Twins. Having a strong week here, could be a good indication of this being a great season instead of just a fluke opening. Regardless of the outcome though, I'll always support my team. Go Tribe!!!

No comments: