Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Back amongst the living

As I believe I have noted on here, I recently had some computer problems. About a month a half ago I bought a new laptop and wouldn't you know it, it turned out to be a lemon. In short, every time I tried to shut down the computer, it would just restart. The only way I could fully shut the thing down was if I did a hard shut down. Several calls to the help center did nothing and I had to ship the computer off in order to get it fixed. Whatever the issue was required ordering a part from overseas, which was taking FOREVER. They told me the part wasn't expected to arrive until November 23rd!!! At that point I demanded they just ship me a new computer. Suddenly the part magically arrived and they sent me back my original computer, now seemingly fixed. I'm not crazy about the idea that this is basically a refurbished computer that I paid full price for, but at this point I'm just happy to have something. So I apologize for the sporadic updates as of late. I'll try to get posting with more regularity again soon.

No comments: