Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cleveland Indians Week in Review (Week 5)

Yeah, I didn't do one last week. You may have noticed I didn't post anything last week. It's the end of the school year, 'nuff said.

I'm not going to dwell much on the Tribe because I have other catch up posts to make and frankly, there isn't a whole lot of positive things to say right now about this team. They ended up going 2-4 this week and probably could have gone 6-0 had our offense did anything, and sometimes I mean, literally anything, in those 4 losses. The best thing right now is our starting pitching. Everyone seems to be in top form right now, which is great to see and you hope it lasts. However, their brilliant performances are getting wasted because we are just not scoring any runs. It's getting to a pretty ridiculous point right now. When our own TV announcers are pointing out clear, consistent problems that our batters are having, you wonder why the batting coach isn't picking up these things and helping our guys correct those problems. I really think we need to fire batting coach Derek Shelton at this point. There needs to be a shakeup with this team at the moment and Eric Wedge using the random generator machine to produce a starting lineup isn't the answer. So so frustrating to see a team with so much potential not making the most of it. Let's move on before I get any more upset.

No comments: