Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wanna see my Golden Globes?

Golden Globe nominations came out today as the awards season is now in full swing. While there were no major surprises, it's hard to read much into the Globes since they do the goofy split of films into drama and comedy categories.

The nominees for Best Drama were: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Frost/Nixon, The Reader, Revolutionary Road, and Slumdog Millionaire

The nominees for Best Comedy/Musical were: Burn After Reading, Happy-Go-Lucky, In Bruges, Mamma Mia!, and Vicky Christina Barcelona

An eccelectic mix if ever there was one. I still think this is a wide open race right now, but at least we're beginning to see who the familiar faces are going to be when it comes time for the Oscars.

To see the full list of nominees, go here: 2008 Golden Globe Nominees

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam, it looks like one of your favorites made the list for best comedy/musical -- Mamma Mia! Alright! I bet you were breathing easy after you heard that.

Anonymous said...

I got to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. Though I needed a box of tissues - I don't think that should win Best Drama. It used the same gimmick of a dying character telling the story on her death bed. Haven't they noticed that has been done over and over? Maybe I'm missing something.