Thursday, March 19, 2009

Quick review: Better Off Ted

So after weeks of quirky promos for the show, I decided to give ABC's latest sitcom, Better Off Ted a chance last night. I haven't watched a sitcom regularly on ABC since the heyday of TGIF back when I was 10. Well scratch that, I did watch The Knights of Prosperity back in 2007 for all 6 of its episodes that actually aired. Anyways, this show about a mysterious company Verdian Dynamics and the people that work there provided enough laughs for me to give it a second shot. I'm always happy to see Arrested Development cast members get work, so it was nice to see Portia de Rossi here as Ted's blunt boss. And even though it's cliched, I bought right in to the office romance that's developing between Ted and Linda (Andrea Anders). This is not a perfect show, but probably the best new sitcom this year. If you missed it, you can watch the first episode on ABC.com and the show airs regularly on Wednesdays at 8:30, right before Lost (which had another killer episode last night. I'm loving the new take charge Sawyer, or excuse me, LaFleur).

No comments: