Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pyramid power

I haven't mentioned it on here yet, but about a month ago I started inexplicably getting the Game Show Network again through my cable system. Since it's return, I've been enjoying a lot of the old show, but one in particular has been the $25,000 and $100,000 Pyramid. I don't know how long I'll keep getting GSN, so I was happy to hear news that CBS is considering bringing back a daytime version of the Pyramid. Even better news is that they are finalizing the deal to have Andy Richter host it. While it may seem like an odd choice initially, I think it's a pretty good one. Andy has always seemed like a genuinely nice fellow and I think he would be invested in seeing all of the contestant succeed on the show. On top of that, Andy is pretty intelligent and well versed in game shows. He's had success on numerous occassions on Celebrity Jeopardy. Don't believe me? Well take a look for yourself. Below are two videos, one of Andy doing a piece on the old Conan show preparing for his first appearance and the second video is of him doing well during his 2009 appearance.



No comments: