Thursday, October 13, 2011

The art of villainy

Slowly but surely we're getting information about the upcoming James Bond movie (due out next November). While a lot of it is speculation, there's one piece of news that has finally been confirmed. Actor Javier Bardem mentioned earlier this week that he will be part of the cast as a villain. The announcement came while he was being interviewed on Nightline. Here's exactly what he said:

"I am very excited, my parents took me to watch the movies, and I saw all of them, so to play that is going to be fun," he said about the James Bond film. "They chose me to play this man, but I cannot give you many details."


Now there has been speculation for some time that this latest Bond film will see the return of the classic villain, Ernst Stavro Blofeld. Could Bardem be the one who plays him? No word on that yet, but one thing is for sure, given his performance in No Country For Old Men, we know this guy can play bad very well. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on the latest developments so as they say in television land, 'stay tuned'.

No comments: