Sunday, February 24, 2008

The big night is upon us!

OK, so it's Oscar night and for the first time in quite a while the show has some intrique for me. This year there are no front-runners and most of the big nominess are films that I'll be fine with winning. Usually these awards are a foregone conclusion or given to films I can't stand (i.e. The English Patient, Chicago). I really have no idea who will win, so it should be fun to watch. Here now are my fearless picks for the winners in the major categories, but I have no confidence in them whatsoever:

Best Picture:
No Country for Old Men

Best Actor:
George Clooney

Best Actress:
Julie Christie

Best Supporting Actor:
Javier Bardem

Best Supporting Actress:
Cate Blanchett

Best Director:
Joel and Ethan Coen

Best Original Screenplay:
Juno

Best Adapted Screenplay:
No Country for Old Men

Best Animated Film:
Ratatouille

No comments: