Monday, January 26, 2009

Temporarily closing up shop

It's with a heavy heart that I have to announce that there won't likely be any new posts on here for at least a month. Late last week I had a meeting with my dissertation advisor and learned that I basically have to be done writing my dissertation by the end of February if I want to graduate in May. As you may guess, I'm currently nowhere near done, which means I have to devote every waking moment from here on out on it so that it can be done. It won't be easy, but if I've got any chance of doing it, it will take eliminating all fun distractions like television and blogging. I've put up a number of posts today to somewhat compensate for my absence, but I know it'll barely tide you over. I'm sorry to all my readers that you too have to suffer from this drought. But the good news is is that if I succeed in finishing this thing by the end of February, it will mean I will have practically nothing to do come March, April, and May, which will be sweet! So goodbye for now, but please now that I will be back soon enough...and with a vengeance!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck finishing your dissertation Adam! We'll miss your blog posts but will look forward to your future months of freedom and movie/TV watching!