Saturday, July 17, 2010

*cue losing horns

It appears The Price is Right has lost its voice. The news below comes from Buzzerblog and pretty much expresses the same sentiment that I feel regarding this unfortunate news.
Sadly, news was confirmed today that Rich Fields is no longer the announcer for the long running CBS daytime game show The Price is Right, hosted by Drew Carey. Rumors about this have been swirling for around two months now. Rich has been the announcer of the show since 2004, taking over for the deceased Rod Roddy. I wish Rich the best. He’s a great friend to the site and unbelievably nice.

On-camera auditions will take place the first few weeks of the new season of Price which begins in September. New tapings start next week and hopefully we’ll hear back. And just before the deluge of questions come on: I truly have no idea what happened. I’m usually in the loop for this stuff, but I’m stumped on this one.

One more request, also. The show’s not going to suddenly self destruct so I’d really like to kindly ask people to not do the usual Price thing where something changes and there’s a witch hunt against Drew and doom being spouted left and right. Be supportive and wish Rich your best. He reads and your messages are welcome.

I know these rumors have been around for a while. I have a rule that I won’t post rumors about people like this. It’s just without taste to post rumors about someone’s career. It’s confirmed now, and I hope to see Rich somewhere else soon.

No comments: