Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tribe Watch (Week 5)

Record: 19-8

Standing: First in AL Central

Ask and ye shall deliver. In my post last week I mentioned that we had two big series against divisional rivals that we needed to do well in and boy did we ever. Sweeping both series, the Indians are on a huge roll right now breaking or trying all sorts of records. The way we won each of the three games against the Tigers in comeback fashion was not only amazing to watch, but also critical in helping this team build character and become a legitimate playoff threat. But having a great April means nothing if you can't play well in the other months. So now as we head into April, we can only hope that Tribe will be able to keep up their winning ways. They get a different test of sorts this week as they head, once again, back out west for a road trip that features series against both Oakland and the Anaheim Angels. The supposed blueprint for a playoff team is having a winning record at home and play .500 on the road. So if we can accomplish that and split these series, I'll be perfectly happy for that. I only hope that I can stay up long enough each night in order to see that happen. Given the way they are playing, I think I'll find a way.

No comments: