Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fun House!!!

So in my late night boredom, I started surfing around YouTube and stumbled on a blast from the past; the 80s game show, Fun House. I remember loving this show and watching it along with the Super Mario Brothers Show every afternoon after school. While many may argue that Double Dare was better, I didn't have cable so this was the only one I got to see. I've included two videos below which show the essence of the show. The first one shows the regular game play which is a mix of messy stunts and trivia questions. The second shows the bonus round where the kids got to go into the fun house.





After watching these videos, you can see the show is equal parts awesome and totally game. I mean, as a kid, who wanted to be a contestant on this show and go through the fun house? Now as a cynical adult there's plenty for me to mock as well: the creepy announcer "Tiny", JD Roth's mullet, special guest star Danny Pintauro!, etc. Still, I thank God every day for YouTube so that I can wax nostalgia with clips like these.

No comments: