Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pinch me, I must be dreaming

It's hard to believe but things are actually looking up for Cleveland sports.

- The Indians finished the regular season today with a win over the Royals and ended up being tied for the best overall record in Major League Baseball with the Red Sox. Unfortunately, since they had a better record against us, they'll have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Now the Indians begin the playoffs against the hated Yankees on Thursday. I can't deny that I'm a little bit nervous about facing a team that we didn't win one game against in the regular season. However, we do have home field advantage and the pitching matchups should be in our favor. Let's hope we can continue the roll that we were on in Sept. all the way through the postseason.

- Then, low and behold, the Browns ended up winning again today. Even better, it was against the detestable Baltimore Ravens. I won't fool myself into thinking we're really that great. It seemed today to be more a case of the Ravens sucking than us outperforming them, but I'll still gladly take the win. At the beginning of the season, I would never have predicted we would be 2-2. Now if we can beat the Patriots next week, then maybe I'll start to become a believer in this team.

- Finally, the Cavs don't start playing again for another month, but I still got to see Lebron last night as he hosted SNL. For the most part, I thought he did a decent job; at least for an athlete host. There was some funny skits, but it helped that they had a summer of notable stories to mock last night (Michael Vick, Larry Craig, OJ, High School Musical, etc.). Plus, I was thrilled to see the return of the Ambiguously Gay Duo. It's nice to see Colbert and Carell take time out of their busy schedules to do fun stuff like this.

All in all, it's actually good to be a Cleveland sports fan these days. We can't say that often, so I'll cherish it for as long as I can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You'd think you could share the love, but the Braves went down the sink.

Anonymous said...

Hell, I just got more bad Braves news. The only baseball games TBS will cover next year are postseason games and Sunday games. Now I'll never see the Braves. If that's the way TBS wants to play it, then screw them. I just won't watch baseball at all next year.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. What are you, 25? You're clearly still a baby. Hell, I'll be 30 Friday. Anyway, since I can't create a post on your blog, or else it wouldn't be your blog, I had to post this message here. Birthday does rhyme with baseball.