Friday, June 19, 2009

Donny Brook Theater?!?

Everyone that reads this probably knows that I've been a lifelong wrestling fan. So when I come across footage that I've never seen before, you know it's rare. But thanks to the WWE 24/7 channel, I had the honor/horror of seeing something that not only have I never seen before, but no one has. 'Donny Brook Theater' was a planned show in 1995 that would mix wrestling with sketch comedy. Yes, that's right, pro wrestlers performing in skits. For some reason, someone came to their senses and realized that this was a terrible idea before the show ever made it to air. One episode was taped however and has now been unearthed from the video vault. Please to enjoy...Donny Brook Theater!

2 comments:

Dan said...

That was the worst thing I've ever watched. Ever. I feel like I've let my fellow man down by wasting 10 minutes of my life watching this. Did you happen to get a count of how many times Todd said "Donny Brook Theater"? What the hell does that even mean? This clip has ruined me.

Adam Gutschmidt said...

Perhaps I should have done more to warn everyone how terrible it was. It makes you wonder why they chose Yoko and Fuji for the premiere episode of this? You would think they would try to polish this turd by at least using some of their more charismatic/better acting wrestlers for it.

As for the title, apparently donny brook is an old irish term referring to a fight or brawl. However, I doubt anyone at WWE knew that. The title was more likely another product of the random generator machine that we know they use frequently.