Monday, February 8, 2010

My two ads

Without a horse in the race for this year's Super Bowl (as is usually the case, thank you very much Cleveland Browns), I didn't really care too much about the game. That left me with the Super Bowl ads, which this year I thought were fairly disappointing. Not a lot jumped out at me as being particularly memorable. However there were a couple of bright spots...

Chevy Chase seems to be everywhere these days, but it was nice to see him reprising one of his classic roles, Clark Griswold in this ad for homeaway.com

There's actually an extended version of the commercial, a mini-movie of sorts, which you can also check out here.

However, my favorite spot came early in the night with this Snickers ad featuring Betty White. Even at her advanced age, she can still go and be just as hilarious as any of today's funny ladies.

By the way, if you're interested, there's currently a petition floating around Facebook trying to get Betty White to be a host on SNL. I think this is a fantastic idea, so add your name to the list and let's hope it comes to fruition!

No comments: