Saturday, February 5, 2011

I just blue myself

We've heard similar promises before, but let's hope this latest news on the prospects of an Arrested Development turn out to be true this time. Here's the story from EW.com:
The myth of the Arrested Development movie has started to seem like a protracted Andy Kaufman-style prank being perpetuated by the show’s producers and cast, endlessly dropping on-again, off-again hints that the movie is indeed, possibly really coming.

Well, here’s creator Mitch Hurwitz with one of the firmest statements on the subject yet:
“We’ve started that process and it is our sincere hope to shoot it this year and get it out this year,” Hurwitz said to Digital Spy.

Wha-wha-what?

Could fall 2011 really see the Bluth family in theaters?

Of course, nobody makes an Arrested movie proclamation without some hedging:

“That’s what we’re hoping,” he continues, “but a lot of things have to fall into place for that to happen… I don’t like to toy with the affections of our fans. They’ve been so supportive and we’re so grateful, so I kind of hate to answer the question until I can say, ‘Yep, we’ve shot it, it opens next week’. Otherwise it feels like we’re toying with people and we do not mean to do that. It has just taken a while to get it going.”

No, we’re not feeling toyed with. No, no, not at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How could the movie be good with the way they ended the series? I'd rather have had three more seasons, but since I can't, and since tv to movie adaptations usually suck without superhero involvement, I'd rather stick with the three seasons I have.