Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm sick to my stomach

The Indians looked absolutely horrible and got schooled for three straight games against the Yankees. Tue. and Wed. our starting pitching was terrible and today Borowski gives up 6 runs in the ninth for the Yanks to come back. Worst of all was our hitting. In the first two games, the Yanks had a couple of not-ready-for-primetime minor leaguers starting on the mound and we made them look like Roger Clemens. There has been absolutely no situational hitting by the team in over a week. Yes, we scored some runs today, but we could have had so much more. Twice we had the bases loaded with less than two outs and left it that way. Casey Blake needs to be benched immediately. He has been horrendous with guys in scoring position this year. We head to Tampa Bay next, which should get us back on track. But after the devastating loss today, I don't know what to expect.

By the way, I'll probably talk about the Tribe after each series and summarize my thoughts then. Then again, with the way they're playing lately, I may not bother writing about them at all.

No comments: