Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tons of TV Talk

I have a lot of catching up to do, so let me get right into it:

Heroes: Simply put, awesome! Even though I had figured a lot of stuff out based on NBC's endless promotions for the shows return, I still loved every mintue of it. Let's me say right now that Nathan is a complete scumbag. How dare he put the election before Claire. Frankly, I don't trust any of the Petrellis and no one should be associating themselves with them at all right now. I'm glad that HRG, Parkman and Ted are all free, but I really worry about them, especially HRG. The scene in the diner (nice callback there) shows just how little HRG knows and I really hopes he can avoid severe reprecussions from The Company. Speaking of the Company, Candace sure is one evil woman. Toying with HRG's emotions and then facilitating Linderman's abduction of Micah. Dressing like a schoolgirl stripper just adds to her devilish ways. I'm loving the Linderman character. He's a bad guy that you actually want to see stick around. Here's hoping we continue to learn more about his and his "friends" past throughout the rest of the season. The Sylar stuff was cool, but I had figured out Issac was a goner. BTW, how funny was Sylar's painting? He may be an artist when it comes to fixing watches, but he's clueless when it comes to canvas. I could go on and on about this episode, but we've got more to discuss.

24: After rebounding the week before, the show went back into its pathetic ways this week. The botched rescue of Audrey gets a major "DOH!" from all aspects of it. Then again, we all knew Jack wasn't going to get blown up. And while Jack was pretty much standing around waiting for Cheng for most of the hour, that meant we were forced to endure more White House melodrama. Daniels and his assistant making out was total ick. And then of course, there was the whole storyline involving Bill ouster. CTU had been a pretty embarassing organization this entire season, but with Bill gone, it's a complete joke. Chloe is now drowning in a sea of ineptitude there. These last few episode had better be Jack-centric or else the show may permanently alienate its fans.

House: A major downer of an episode this week. I'll tolerate it on occassion, but let's hope this isn't a norm. Nobody had it good this week. Certainly the focus was on Foreman and the pain he was suffering over losing a patient and having to see his mom in her state of dementia. But you also had Chase and Cameron locked in a stalemate over their nonexistant relationship. And then you had House agonizing over whether Wilson and Cuddy had feelings with each other. The episode still had plenty of great quips, none of which I can remember at this point unfortunately. Anyways, I fully expect them to rebound with another good episode next week.

Lost: First off...Mikhail, still alive = awesome. I thought that character had a lot more to offer, so I was pleasantly surprised by that twist. I don't know how he faked his death, but hopefully we'll get that answer someday. The main story involving the Sun and Jin flashback was, as is always the case with their flashbacks, very touching and moving. It also nicely gave us some more background into the debt Jin had to pay off for Mr. Kwon. It was so nice to see that the baby is Jin's, despite this seemingly spelling doom for Sun. I loved returning to the Staff hatch and this time we got to see the creepy vault room where supposedly, pregnant women came to die. The final scenes gave us two pretty awesome, "can't wait til next week" moments. First there was Juliette's "I hate you". It wasn't clear to me whethere she was still recording at the time (I'm leaning toward no), but regardless, it continues to muddy the waters of her true intentions behind her actions. Secondly, was the revelation behind the parachustist that Flight 815 had been found and that there were no survivors. I'm so glad to see this show bounce back after such a slow start. It looks like we finally see Locke again next week (thank heaven), so I'm sure we'll be in for some more awesomeness then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bizarro, check it! Readers of Superman might have caught this potential easter egg: Bizarro Petrelli! Bizarro is the complete opposite of Superman, and we see the same twisted mirror image from the painting Linderman shows Nathan. Looking at the colors of the room in the Sylar Oval Office, it also brings to mind Bizarro World, the square-shaped doppleganger (sp?) of earth, home to the Bizarros. This show is sweet.

Anonymous said...

Lost: WTF? That was my exact thought on seeing Lost's mysterious one-eyed man. Mysterious? I suppose I shouldn't use that adjective since it's an understood characteristic of everyone and everything on this island. The script should read: mysterious Jack speaks with mysterious Sun, while later mysterious Desmond argues with mysterious Charlie, all the while the mysterious others are off doing mysterious things in mysterious places with myserious intent.

WTF #2: No survivors? Ok, I was only gasping for a moment when I thought of the huge coffers of whatever organization is funding some of the operations on the island. If the plane was of course, news stories could be created to tell just about any story. Hell, do you really know what's going on in Iraq? We know what we're shown. It's not like all the families would be in boats searching for body parts. Sharks are an easy excuse for no DNA evidence.

Faked his death? I don't think so. He was clutching his gut, it seemed. I believe he did die, but that this possibility was accounted for. Don't ask about the mechanics of the process. He may have had some kind of implant, since now we know they're used on people like Claire. Why can't they be used to activate chemicals in the body upon death. People come back from flat-lines all the time. Granted, one can only flatline for so long before brain damage, as far as I know.

Anonymous said...

Bizarro info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro

I don't know how to use HTML tags to lead you directly to the site. Sorry.