Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday Night TV

The Amazing Race Aarrgh, another non-elimination leg? Why weren't these spaced out better throughout the season? But I gues I'll tolerate it since it means the Cha-Chas are out of it yet. I can't believe Eric and Danielle overcame being marked for elimination and the yield. I hope the producers aren't trying to produce them as likeable underdogs because there's nothing likeable about their personalities. I did love how Eric mentioned is rapidly receeding hairline and then wore a cap in his post-leg interview. Ha! The Beauty Queens were rolling this week, which I hope doesn't mean that they are due for a fall. They've just played such a smart race that I would hate to see them get bested by E & D or worse, the Schmirnas. The postleg interviews seemed to indicate that next week would be the finale, but they didn't specifically say that it is the last episode, so I don't know what to expect. Maybe they'll keep doing non-elimination legs until the Schmirnas finish last.

The Simpsons It was another nice, but ultimately forgettable episode. Having Marge enter the world of MMOGs was unique, but I think a better story would have been having her get involved with online gambling, given her past addiction. The soccer subplot really seemed tacked on as a result of a thin A story, but I didn't mind it too much because I always love the Lisa and Homer interactions. The gaming stuff provided some good, albeit gory, visual gags including Nelson's bat falling into the fire, the bullies forgetting the keys to run and the townspeople using Bart's intestines in replace of ribbons to dance around the pole.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can you skip talking about Trump? At least he eliminated someone every week, except for right at the end. That's a true surprise for a non-elimination round.

- Dustin