Sunday, January 20, 2008

Down goes Bowser, down goes Bowser

I finally got the 120th star today to finish Super Mario Galaxy. I had actually defeated Bowser a few weeks ago, but still needed to get some additional stars to completely beat the game. Defeating Bowser was a piece of cake in comparison to some of these last few stars. Most of the ones I had difficulty with involved getting 100 purple coins at the various levels. When it was just a glorified Easter egg hunt, I had no problem with them, but when it involved getting them in a specific amount of time or ones that involved complicated sequences of jumps, I struggled with them. But after some persistence I finally conquered the game and it's a huge sigh of relief. I don't completely beat many games, so this is a big deal for me.

Although, I say I've completely beaten it, but in reality I haven't. Turns out when you get all 120 stars, it unlocks Luigi and you can now play all of the levels as him to get another 120 stars. I'll do that eventually, but I don't feel the same urgency as I did with Mario. Overall, this was a really fun game and I highly request anyone who has/gets a Wii to definitely play this game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[applause] Congrats.