Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lost finale thoughts

Yes, I know the episode aired over a week ago, but I figure this way I ensure that I'm not spoiling anything for anyone who hasn't seen it yet (really I've just been lazy).

Anyway, I thought it was a nice capper to an excellent season, but maybe not as good as last year's finale. Part of the problem with this one is that due to the flashforwards, some of the drama was taken away. We already knew the fate of nearly everyone so you knew how things would turn out. That doesn't mean that the show didn't have its share of surprises and of course, has left us with a lot of questions. Here are some of the big questions we're left pondering:

1. Where is the island?

2. What will be the time frame that will dominate the storylines next year; 2004 or 2008?

3. What happened to Faraday and the people on the raft?

4. When Ben says everyone has to return that does include people like Aaron and Walt?

5. Why did Christian Shepherd and the whispers show up on the freighter?

6. Is Jin really dead?

7. How did Locke get in the coffin? And is he really dead?

Speaking of Locke in the coffin, here's an interesting video of some alternative endings that were shot for the finale:


8. What did Sawyer whisper to Kate?

Actually, that one has seemingly been answered:


And for one other interesting tidbit, here's a quality photo of the newspaper clipping regarding "Jeremy Bentham's" death.

Finally, here is my own LOST theory after seeing the finale. Some others may have already speculated on this, but I did not get it from anywhere but my own mind.

Ben says that by moving the island he cannot return to the Island. We also know that he is strongly pushing Jack to have the Oceanic 6 return to the island. Why? I feel that if they return, there is a way for him to return as well.

In addition, I believe all of the freighter folk had been to the island before too (there was hints of that already with Charlotte). What if Widmore needed the freighter folk to return to the island for the same reason that Ben needs to Oceanic 6 to return.

You all can chew on that, and for quite a while too, since Lost won't be returning until Jan. '09. *sigh* I hate the waiting game.

No comments: