Thursday, June 12, 2008

NMR: Strange Wilderness

I couldn't wait for another movie before writing this review. I needed to get this out as a warning to anyone potentially interested in seeing this. This Happy Madison production (the same company that produced Grandma's Boy) has an impressive cast including Steve Zahn, Jonah Hill, Justin Long, many of Sandler's regular flunkies, Jeff Garlin and Ernest Borgnine. Too bad the movie is absolutely AWFUL. I maybe laughed twice and they were more pity laughs than anything else. I cannot believe how unfunny this was. In addition to being unfunny, the script is terrible and the film is edited poorly. I see no condition under which I could recommend this film to someone, unless I hated that person and even then, I don't know if I could be that cruel. Technically, since I haven't seen 10 total movies yet in 2008, I could put this on my Top Ten list, but I can't even bring myself to do that. I wouldn't want to give anyone a false impression that the film is good in the least. I wish Netflix allowed zero or negative star ratings, because this would get it. Since they don't - Netflix rating: *

No comments: