Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Acta foolishness

Tribe tabs Acta to be new manager

I know I'm a little late to the party in talking about this move, but I couldn't let that stop me from expressing my utter disappointment over this move. When I first heard the list of candidates, Acta was at the bottom with only the Tribe's AAA manager ranking below him. Acta was unable to do anything with the Washington Nationals, so that doesn't instill a lot of faith in me that he'll do anything to motivate our similar bunch of rookies and no-names. What frustrates me even more about this move is the quickness in which they made it. From the start it seemed that they had determined that this was their guy without doing a proper search. Even if you have a guy in mind, at least give the city the courtesy of acting like you're looking through at all possible options before making your decision. I felt the same thing happened with the Mangini hiring for the Browns and look at how well that's turned out thus far. I still love my Tribe, I just wish this organization would reciprocate that love to me and the rest of the fans more often.

No comments: