Wednesday, June 27, 2007

On an emotional rollercoaster

So yesterday was a pretty sad day for me as I had to bury my Grandmother. Then I wake up this morning to the terrible news of the Chris Benoit murder-suicide tragedy. I really don't know what to say about that. Benoit was one of my all-time favorite performers and now knowing what has happened it's difficult for me to still appreciate what he did as a wrestler. I'm hoping that everyone can try to move on from this terrible incident, but now that the mainstream media has picked up on the story, I have a feeling it will only get worse.

Thankfully, I finally got some happiness back into my life tonight as I got to go to the Indians game and see a thrilling come-from-behind win in the 9th. For the first time in a long time (ever?) Wedge finally made some good managerial moves and they paid off for him. After the Tribe's disasterous run against the National League, it's been great to see the bats come alive and take the first two against the A's.

Here's hoping that the good times continue. With Justin's wedding on Friday, I'm hoping that will be the case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Braves suck. I'm glad someone can get some points on the board. I'm ashamed of Cox and the crew. If this is what we can expect from our veterans, then dump them. Rumor has it Andruw Jones is going to drop loyalty in favor of gold teeth, the money grubbing fool. We need an iron-fisted communist to take over baseball. Money is too important a variable in the sport's equation, and for me, it shouldn't be. Simple enough.

I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers.

- Dustin