Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First day of school

I don't know what it is, but the first day of school is always an exciting one for me. I guess it's a good thing I'm going into education for a career. Seeing campus buzzing again is always fun. And I always get a kick out of seeing clueless freshmen with their campus map looking completely loss. This year's first day for me was a relatively quiet one as all I had was to teach one class this morning. Time will tell what type of group these students are, but hopefully they'll be a lively bunch. Given that the class is at 9am though, makes that less likely.

The rest of my week is pretty lax. All of the classes I'm taking are on Mon. or Tue. so I won't have to worry about them until next week. I'm sure within a month from now I'll be bitching about the amount of work I have, but for now, it's great to be back at school!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm more than a year out of taking classes, and I'm happy without them. Sometimes I do miss teaching, but all the courses that I truly don't need that will only keep me from doing the real research I want to do...well, screw that. I'm happy for you, though. I know you weren't qualified for anything else--kidding! Anyway, I hope all continues to go well.