Friday, August 17, 2007

Well, he just lost a sale

So I happened upon The Colbert Report last night and my ears perked up when Stephen talked about his guest, Andrew Keen. Apparently, Mr. Keen has written a book about how the Internet is killing our culture. Given the PhD program that I'm in and my interest on technology's impact on culture, I was very interested in what he had to say. Sadly, as soon as he opened his mouth, I lost all interest in what he had to say. This guy came off as the biggest self-involved, elitist prick. Colbert didn't even need to play a character in order to reveal what an ass this guy was. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing this book. To see what I mean, check out the video of the interview below.



If you notice, this is not a YouTube video, but rather one from Comedy Central's website. In case you haven't heard, Comedy Central's parent company, Viacom, is currently suing YouTube. So it's unlikely you'll see any Viacom content on their site for a while. Or if you do, it'll be yanked off there before you know it. Which is a shame, because as you see, the quality of an embedded Comedy Central video pales in comparison to the ones from YouTube.

As an interesting side note, it was just reported the other day that YouTube has requested Jon Stewart and Colbert to give depositions in this case. Here's the article on that. I'll certainly be keeping my eye on the developments of this lawsuit and post any interesting new updates.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Wow. That was more painful to watch than the Crispin Glover clip from Letterman. What a DICK! I really hope that anyone who sees this immediately picks up on the obvious fact that this guy is nothing more than a puppet for the RIAA and MPAA in their never-ending attempts to influence American law in the interests of filling their pockets while ripping the artists themselves off. My favorite fun fact from this guy: downloading music is far worse than Nazis and that little event called the Holocaust.