Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The monster that is "Dear Sister"

This past weekend I caught a SNL rerun that had an absolutely hilarious Digital Short. Of course, everyone is now familiar with "Lazy Sunday" and "Dick in a Box", but this one was absolutely hilarious. Titled "Dear Sister", it's a parody of a death scene from the show The O.C. where a character gets shot and then this ridiculously schmaltzy song starts playing. Here's the SNL short:



But here's the thing...I thought this was something that I found funny, yet no one else would appreciate. Then I go on YouTube to watch it again and find out that there are a TON of parody version of this short. For example, here's a favorite of mine from Heroes:



If you find this as funny as I do, you can watch a bunch of them here or you can just do your own YouTube search.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, chief. I saw it when it originally aired, but the absurdity plays well with the work day.

Peace.