Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014 Movie Preview: #16 - The Equalizer

Release date: September 26

Plot summary: A feature film adaptation of the hit 1980s television series "The Equalizer." Edward Woodward starred as Robert McCall, a private detective with a lot of contacts who is available for hire if you have a problem that you don't know how to solve.

My take: Few actors consistently make films that I end up enjoying like Denzel Washington. It can be action, drama, or comedy and he seems to make an entertaining film. I am usually not high on films that are made based off of old TV shows, but if anyone can make it work, I can imagine Denzel is that guy. It helps that he is reteaming with director Antoine Fuqua, who helped him earn an Oscar for Training Day. I don't imagine this will be as gritty as that film, but I'm hoping it's at least as good.

No comments: