Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 Movie Preview: #4 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Release date: April 4

Plot summary: “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will pick-up where “Marvel’s The Avengers” left off, as Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.

My take: Here's another example of a sequel of a film that I was not overly fond of. So what makes me so anticipated for this latest entry? Well the Avengers movie certainly helped improve the Captain America character in my eyes. I'm also familiar with the source material being used as the plot for this film and its a really good story. You then also have the luxury of adding great actors, like Robert Redford, to the cast. For those reasons I'm confident this won't be suffering from a sophomore slump.

No comments: