Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 Movie Preview: #9 - The Grand Budapest Hotel

Release date: March 7

Plot summary: "The Grand Budapest Hotel" recounts the adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend. The story involves the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting and the battle for an enormous family fortune -- all against the back-drop of a suddenly and dramatically changing Continent.

My take: Even though I pride myself on being a movie fan, I never really discovered the films of Wes Anderson until I finally saw his 2012 film Moonrise Kingdom. Since then I have gone back and watched some of his earlier stuff and have been impressed with the oddball stories and visual flair that he creates in each of his movies. Now I am as anxious to see what he produces next in the same way I do with some of my other favorite directors. This film looks to be no different in terms of quirkiness and boasts an impressive casts that mixes Anderson regulars with new, but familiar faces. I'm sure not a lot of people will see this, but I'll be happy to be one of the few.

No comments: