Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New Price is Right host named

It's Drew Carey!

I heard this news last night and tried to give it a day to seep in before I commented on it. Oddly enough, my feelings now haven't really changed from when I first heard the news. I don't know if Drew was my top pick for the job, but he's certainly better than a lot of the names that were being thrown out there (Rosie, Mario Lopez, etc.)

Drew is a likeable enough guy and his background in improv will help as well. It's going to be really important for fans and viewers of the show to give him a fair chance. Ultimately, I just want to see show go on and if people come down on him too hard early on, he'll have no opportunity to succeed.

I guess our first chance to see if he'll be any good is when he hosts CBS' new game show The Power of Ten which begins Aug. 7 if I'm not mistaken. But for now, I say congrats to my fellow Clevelander and I wish him the best of luck.

I've even come up with the name of the first new game under his tenure: "Cash and Carey" (*cue rimshot*)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a terrible choice. Part of the magic of Bob Barker had to do with his long record as the host. I'll chuckle at anyone who honestly thinks Carey is going to be satisfied with remaining host for more than a few years.

So says Dustin. And so it was.