Sunday, July 8, 2007

Terrible end to the first half

So it appears the Indians decided to limp into the All Star Break, losing 4 of their last six. Their latest loss, today's pathetic 1-0 loss to the Blue Jays really stung as it cost us first place. Now the Tigers get to gloat over the Break about being in sole possession of first place.

I'm not going to turn on the panic button just yet as we're still in a very good position to make it to the postseason. However, this team has got to improve on the road. Luckily we only have four more games on the road for the rest of July. But we're barely home in August and September. If this team wants to play in October, they need to start playing as well on the road as they do at the Jake.

Also, needed is more clutch hitting from guys like Peralta (he really cost us today), Blake, Nixon and sadly, Pronk too. Some better managing in tight games would be helpful, but I'm not holding my breath that that will actually happen.

So for now those crybabies in the Motor City can claim this small victory, but when all is said and done, lets hope it is my Indians who will have something to celebrate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't count the Braves out at the moment. They certainly ended with a better look than they had during the majority of the first half. We'll see. I hope they inspire me. Otherwise, I'll be finding something else to keep my attention.